While you were sleeping....


posted by Rachel Flores

No comments


all lame excuses aside, it has been awhile!
But I won't let that ruin my excitement for this post! One of my hobbies is decorating,  and I recently acquired enough time with the absence of school to start working on all the projects I thought about while sitting in class.  I had seen alot of cute projects with old windows, finally found two, and did this project that I am very proud of for Mr.Flores and I's bedroom! 

The verses on the windows match the verse that are in Hebrew on our wedding rings. I also did the puzzle pieces hanging from the ceiling, by taking a alphabet puzzle piece decoration I found at the craft store, mod podging scrapbook paper onto it and then writing the letters on. 
I am all about adding significant touches to one's house, and so the puzzle pieces for us represent our song, which is "such great heights" by Postal Service.
The windows also are super easy. I found the windows, and since they are not too beat up I liked a little antique look, then since I don't have a vinyl machine (yet!) I traced font off the computer, colored it in with sharpie ( or you could just print it, but we don't have a printer) and then taped it to the front of the window, and painted the letters onto the backside. it worked great!





I also must mention that the wonderful Mr. Flores helped me to hang them and pick out the right hardware to do so. I'm not sure he trusts me with our walls and his drill yet.





ahhh summer crafting, all while the little one is taking a nap.... 

Leave a Reply